Housing Navigation Unit
Work Location: Raleigh, NC
Organizational Description & Position Overview
Raleigh-Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness (Partnership) is the Wake County Continuum of Care and collaborative leader of coordinated community efforts to end homelessness in Wake County. Working in partnership with all local non-profit organizations, faith-based organizations, and individuals the RWPEH coordinates the centralized Coordinated Entry system and local HMIS administration with the goal of ending homelessness as we know it.
The Data and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for the analysis and reporting of housing and homelessness data to a range of stakeholders, providing technical assistance to HMIS end-users and agencies, and supporting the improvement of Wake’s homeless response system through c
The RWPEH is hiring full-time Property Specialist / Inspectors. Property Specialist / Inspector inspects units subsidized by state and federal programs to ensure that they meet minimum criteria established by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-as well as any local standards that partner organizations are charged with enforcing – necessary for the health and safety of occupants of housing assisted through rental subsidies. The Property Specialist / Inspectors will be expected to assist partner organization case management teams as they work to house their participants.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct annual and special inspections and determining eligibility of units under HUD’s Housing Quality Standards
- Performing timely initial/annual inspections
- Making determinations and negotiating rents by calculating rent reasonableness in compliance with HUD policies and Agency procedures
- Complete all required inspection documents (HQS – HUD Housing Quality Standards) for client program files, communicating with partner case managers and other team members, as necessary.
- Complete bi-annual analysis of local rent reasonableness and/or FMR as required by funding sources and program policies.
- Regularly follow up and communicate with RWPEH Housing Navigation Unit, to ensure satisfaction with the program and organization.
- Search for and identify housing opportunities within the community
- Arrange, coordinate, monitor, and deliver housing locations related to meeting the needs of participants of Wake County housing service providers.
- Act as an advocate for homeless housing programs
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, Coordinated Entry meetings & other CoC meetings as needed
- Completing and successfully passing HQS training and updated coursework as required.
Position Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience
- Ability to work efficiently while paying close attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in speaking and writing, with persons within and outside of the RWPEH
- Ability to work independently while maintaining willingness to accept supervision
- Understanding of homeless service systems desired, not required
Salary commensurate with experience, benefits included. This position is a “Temp to Hire” position. This temp-to-hire position is one in which the candidate will be hired for a temporary period (approx. 3 – 6 months). At the end of this period, the employee would be eligible for a full-time position.
Pay range: $32,250 – $45,000 / Hiring Range: $35,000-$40,000.
This position is grant funded and is subject to renewal.
Must have access to reliable transportation. Possess valid NC Driver’s License. This position requires frequent travel to partner agencies and housing units in the community using personal vehicle.
Raleigh-Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.