Housing Navigation Unit
Work Location: Raleigh, NC
Organizational Description & Position Overview
Raleigh-Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness (Partnership) is the Wake County Continuum of Care and collaborative leader of coordinated community efforts to end homelessness in Wake County. Working in partnership with all local non-profit organizations, faith-based organizations, and individuals the RWPEH coordinates the centralized Coordinated Entry system and local HMIS administration with the goal of ending homelessness as we know it.
The RWPEH is hiring full-time Landlord Engagement Specialists. This position works directly with the Housing Navigation Unit Manager and is responsible for implementing and managing an interactive shared database of landlords and homeless housing partners to assist in the goal of rapidly housing people experiencing homelessness, as well as providing housing support and assistance to those matched to housing programs with federally funded housing subsidies. The Landlord Engagement Specialist may also support other functions of the organization in coordination with the Coordinated Entry Director and RWPEH Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build ongoing and sustainable relationships with potential landlord partners, property management companies, apartment associations, and other target groups to market housing program to potential landlords.
- Search for and identify housing opportunities within the community
- Coordinate with and convene housing specialists at homeless service partner agencies
- Assist in creating and sharing marketing materials as it relates to affordable housing and Wake homeless services providers.
- Create and regularly update a rental unit inventory database or spreadsheet to track information about housing options.
- Establish a process for information sharing about housing options with case managers, program participants, and/or other housing programs.
- Arrange, coordinate, monitor, and deliver housing locations related to meeting the needs of participants of Wake County housing service providers.
- Regularly follow up and communicate with partnering landlords and Wake County housing service providers, to ensure satisfaction with the program and organization.
- Educate staff, housing partners, clients and community members on local housing resources
- Act as an advocate for homeless housing programs
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, Coordinated Entry meetings & other CoC meetings as needed
Position Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience
- AA, Knowledge of real estate, business management or property management
- Experience with or knowledge of online databases
- Ability to work efficiently while paying close attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in speaking and writing, with persons within and outside of the RWPEH
- Ability to work independently while maintaining willingness to accept supervision
- Understanding of homeless service systems desired, not required
Salary commensurate with experience, benefits included. This position is a “Temp to Hire” position. This temp-to-hire position is one in which the candidate will be hired for a temporary period (approx. 3 – 6 months). At the end of this period, the employee would be eligible for a full-time position.
Pay range: $45,000 – $60,000 / Hiring Range: $45,000-$52,250
This position is grant funded and is subject to renewal.
Must have access to reliable transportation. Possess valid NC Driver’s License. This position requires frequent travel to partner agencies and housing units in the community using personal vehicle.
Raleigh-Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.